At Bevan Insurance, we respect your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of federal legislation, we’ve further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You can be assured that we’ll only handle your personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Personal Information Collected
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers,e-mail address, birth date and marital status.
- Claims history
- Credit and past payment records
- Driver’s record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
We may obtain this information from:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations
- Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities
- Financial institutions
- Medical professionals
Why do we collect personal information?
When you first become a client or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you;
- Assist you and assess your ongoing needs for insurance;
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date; and
- Protect us both against error or fraud.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with the Insurance companies in order to serve your needs.